The International Office of KES COLLEGE has considerable experience in advising on immigration, English language, finance, accommodation or any other issue regarding international students. International office provides help before and during studying at KES COLLEGE.
The International Office also organises the Orientation Program at the beginning of autumn and spring terms.
Ms. Demetra Michael
Office: 5 Kallipolis Avenue, 1055 Nicosia
Application & Visa Requirements for Non-EU Students
All non-EU students who are interested to apply to KES College require a visa to enter Cyprus. Provided that all the required documents have been received, KES College will submit the student’s documents to the Migration Authorities for evaluation.
- € 150 Euro Application fee (Non - Refundable).
- Attested copy of High School Leaving Certificate (Lower & Higher Secondary) and mark sheets.
- Attested passport copy (valid for at least two years from the start of the semester to be enrolled).
- Attested Police Clearance Certificate (6 months validity period).
- Attested Bank Letter (6 months validity period) stating that the student OR student’s sponsor* has the financial ability to support his/her living tuition and repatriation expenses. Sponsor may only be Father/ Mother/Self.
- Supporting bank Account statement with 7000 Euro minimum (1 month validity).
- Attested Blood Test reports for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C (4 months validity).
- Attested chest X-ray report for tuberculosis (4 months validity).
- Acceptance Letter from KES College
Attestation of Documents
Students are required to attest the aforementioned documents by the appropriate/relevant authorities in their home country. The attestation process differs between countries who have signed the Hague Convention, 1961 (Apostille) and those who have not.
Attested documents must be in English.
Required documents, dully attested, should be sent via post at KES College.
Upon Arrival in Cyprus
Upon arrival in Cyprus, all international students will be required to show the following documents to the Immigration Authorities at the port of entry:
- Original Passport (valid for two years).
- KES College receipt of the amount paid to the college.
- € 2,000 in cash.
- Copy of the Entry Permit that was sent to them by the International Office of KES College.
- Acceptance Letter from KES College
Students who do not satisfy the above requirements will not be permitted to enter Cyprus.
Employment for Non-EU students
Non-EU students are permitted to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week during the semester periods and 38 hours during vacation periods.
Students are eligible to work six months after entering the country and as per the Aliens and Immigration Law No. 184(1)/2007.
English Language Requirements
All applicants must have a Secondary (High) School Leaving Certificate and must provide evidence of proficiency in the English language.
The overall mark of the Leaving Certificate should be 50/100 or above with:
- a mark in English Language 50/100 or above
OR ANY OF THE BELOW QUALIFICATIONS:
- TOEFL Paper-Based score of at least 500
- TOEFL Computer-Based score of at least 173
- TOEFL Internet-Based score of at least 61
- A grade of “D” or higher in the GCE “O” level / IGCSE English Language examination
- An average grade of 5.0 in the IELTS examinations
Students who do not meet the standards of KES College will be required to take English language courses before the commencement of their programs of study. The basic aim of these courses is to provide the students with the essential knowledge and abilities, so that they will be ready to attend the main course of study in an effective way.
At the beginning of every semester, we are always eager to welcome new foreign students at KES COLLEGE. An orientation programme is organized by the International Student Affairs Office to make students’ transition to KES College as smooth as possible. It is carefully designed to provide all the necessary resources and information needed to help students adjust to life in Cyprus and assist them in settling down and getting to know their new environment.
Our orientation programme provides students with the opportunity to meet some of their classmates and interact with the staff. Students are also given the chance to settle any pending issues with their residence permit, insurance and living arrangements.
More specifically, Orientation Programme aims to:
- Officially welcome new international students to KES COLLEGE.
- Provide useful information about life at KES COLLEGE and life in Cyprus.
- Guide in preparing the necessary documents for registration with the local authorities.
- Introduce new students to their fellow students, college staff and faculty.
- Test the ability in using the English language through a placement test.
- Organise day trips to places of common interest
Accommodation & Living Expenses
We assist students to make their residential arrangements close to the College. The rent varies depending upon the type of property and its location and is payable directly to the landlord/lady. The length of the rental agreement is usually for six or twelve months depending on the student’s needs. The College will have no responsibility for any problems that may arise between the students and the apartment[s] owners since all agreements will be made directly between the student[s] and the property owners.
Note: Some flats are equipped with freezers and cookers and some other with basic furniture. Other flats are unfurnished and students will have to buy or rent furniture or other requisites
In addition to enrolment and tuition fees of the College, the following minimum expenses are required per month:
|Rent: For a 2 bedroom flat (2-4 students)||255|
|Electricity supply: Bills are paid every 2 months. Excluding heating or cooling apparatuses||25|
|Telephone bills: Bills are paid monthly. Normal used. No overseas calls||17|
|Water supply: Bills are paid every 2 months||17|
|Nourishment: Depends on living standards and habits||100|
|Transportation: Use of public transport||45|